Is your passion to ensure high quality in a fast-paced environment, combining tech and medicine that makes a real difference in improving lives?
This is your chance!
We, Doktor.se, always strive to become the first choice when a care contact is needed and we work hard to make the first primary care contact available for everyone. Doktor.se is since 2016 a personal and fast-growing company within digital healthcare information. We are currently the third fastest-growing company within our niche and one of two leading players in Sweden. Doktor.se also owns health centers in Sweden. The ambition is to continue to grow with excellent, dedicated, and skilled employees who enjoy being a part of an entrepreneurial environment where we have lots of fun making healthcare easily accessible for all.
About the job
Quality managers aim to ensure that the products or services an organisation provides are fit for purpose, legally compliant and meet customer expectations.
As a quality manager, sometimes called a quality assurance manager, you will coordinate the activities required to meet the quality standards set for certain products or services. You will ensure that this quality is consistent and meets both external and internal requirements. Your role is concerned with monitoring and advising on the performance of the quality management system, producing data and reporting on performance as well as measuring against set standards.
As a Quality manager, you will:
- Devise and establish the company's quality procedures, standards and specifications
- Developing quality control processes
- Ensure that all in-house systems and procedures are updated, revised and modified to meet the needs of external certification bodies
- Review customer requirements and make sure they are met
- Set standards for quality as well as health and safety
- Make sure that development processes meet international and national industry standards
- Ensuring products are designed with adherence to legal and safety standards
- Look at ways to reduce waste and increase efficiency
- Define quality procedures in conjunction with operating staff
- Set up and maintain controls and documentation procedures
- Monitor performance by gathering relevant data and produce statistical reports
- Review existing policies and make suggestions for changes and improvements and how to implement them
- Measure performance and identify any areas of weakness, recommending and implementing improvements
- Liaise with other managers and staff and provide training, tools and techniques to enable others to achieve quality standards
- Assess the effectiveness of changes made
- Report to upper management on quality standard issues
- Make sure the company is working as effectively as possible to keep up with competitors
Although a career as a quality manager is open to all graduates, a degree in a relevant area, such as business management, is particularly useful, especially if it includes quality management modules.
Success in this role will depend on skills, knowledge, and experience within the field of medical software and medical device certifications like Medical Devices Directive (MDD) and Medical Device Regulation (MDR) as well as different ISO-standards.